This at-a-glance leak gauge is a reliable, vertical type leak monitor used for detecting leaks in the annular/interstitial space of a double wall above ground containment tank (ASTs). Its simple mechanical design promotes durability, minimal upkeep, quick installation, and easy/inexpensive repairs.
If you have a monitoring pipe or have a threaded fitting at the top of the interstitial space on a double wall containment tank, this monitor will thread right in. Any liquid seeping into the containment space will cause the float to rise which will provide a visual indication on top of the tank that there is liquid in the interstitial containment area.
- Calibration Assembly – Inner and outer plastic housings with printed calibration paper between housings.
- Indicator Tube – Red HDPE plastic.
- Lock Nut – Red plastic to hold calibration assembly in place.
- Duro Nitrile Gasket – On which flanges on base of calibration assembly are firmly seated to prevent leakage.
- Aluminum Die Cast Bushing – Fits standard 2″ NPT tank flange.
- Float Arm Assembly – On gauges 42″ and under, 1/8″ aluminum rod connected to indicator on top and float on bottom. On gauges 43″ to 76″, 2 pieces of 1/8″ aluminum rod connected in middle by compression union, on the bottom to a float, and on top to an indicator. On gauges 77″ to 170″, 3 or more pieces of 3/16″ aluminum road connected by compression unions, attached to float on bottom and indicator on top.
- Plastic float (76″ and under) – High density polyethelene float 1.5″ diameter x 3.25″ long.
- Cork float (77″ and over) – Poly coated cork float 1 7/8″ diameter. Length of float varies with length of gauge.